Meet The Tutors & Clinic Team
From left to right:
- Andrew Hill: Clinical Services Manager (MSc Podiatry; PG Cert L&T; MSSCh; MBChA; FHEA)
- Deborah Rockell: Podiatry Lecturer/Tutor (MSSCh DipPodMed MBChA)
- Tracey O’Keeffe: Part time Lecturer (MA, BSc (Hons), RN, MA, PGCE, MCFHP MAFHP)
- Belinda Longhurst: Tutor (BSc Podiatry)
- Stanley Wilson: Tutor (BSc Podiatry, MSSCh MBChA)
- Jodie Gill: Tutor (MCFHP MAFHP)
- Melinda Matthews: Tutor (MCFHP MAFHP)
- Hayley Wishart: Tutor (MCFHP MAFHP)
- Elena Serafinas Broom: Tutor (MSSCh MBChA)
- Jessica Werner: Tutor (BSc Podiatry
- Lorraine Hayter: Tutor (MCFHP MAFHP), Rosie Wigglesworth: Clinic Receptionist
Andrew Hill (Clinical Services Manager) says “Since qualifying as a Podiatrist in 2006 I’ve held a few different positions as a clinician but teaching in this environment has to be the most enjoyable aspect to date. To work with colleagues who I greatly respect and like means that this is reflected into the clinical environment where a positive atmosphere is essential to student learning. The students who study here are on the whole highly dedicated, focussed and professional and are a joy to teach. The patients comment on how nice the environment is here in which they receive treatment and I’m certain that this is a key element to our school’s success”.
"Great course and really pleased I chose the SMAE Institute! Really pleased with the quality of the books we were sent to study from, and the speed at which everything arrived!"
– J PHILIPS
"Even though it is distance learning I feel that you are not far away for help or even a chat. I like the fact that you have photos on the site as it feels like you are talking to real people, which is reassuring!"
– J. Cole
"The Clinical practice has been an amazing experience and the Tutors were fabulous. So, so helpful and everyone wants to see you succeed so it is extremely motivating and uplifting. You will all enjoy!"
– L. Woodward
"I am completely happy with the content and structure of the course and find it fits in well with work as I do shift work so can't always study at a regular time. I feel the support is there when you need it and the feedback you get is excellent."
– Mrs Bee
"I had to make some phone calls and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. The person who answered my queries was very professional and knowledgeable without having to be passed to a different department or person."
– J. Kenna
"When contacting the Institute, I always received excellent support."
– T. Wright
"Online tutor chat is very, very helpful and great due to quick response times."
– L. Hockey
"Really enjoyed the clinical training, everything was very absorbing and interesting. I like the way we were taught because it was organised, comprehensive and easy to follow."
– I. Rowlands
"I attended an open day and enrolled on the same day... I was very impressed with the organisation, all staff were extremely helpful."
– C. Victor